Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey there everyone, I'm currently working on a revamp for my site, totally changing the layout- but I'm kind of debating how to gear it resolution-wise. it seems a lot of people have 800x600, but the results i got with 1024x768 a lot better...since I figured people from this message board would be the sort to go visit my page ANYWAYS- I was curious what you guys thought I should do--- if you could even just leave me a note saying "my resolution is ___, and I've gotten best results with a page geared towards ___" or "i like pages best viewed in ___" I know this is a RANDOM question- but it would REALLY help me out- thanks so much!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, my computer monitor is set to 1024x768... but I usually surf the internet in smaller windows so I can click back and forth between what i'm *supposed* to be doing, and the message boards I frequent... [img]tongue.gif[/img] so, tho I know it looks better big, I discovered this with my own homepage (almost devoid of Nightcrawler, but oh well [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) i'd go with 800x600 both because not everyone will have a high res screen and will have to scroll side to side which gets really annoying... but those of us with higher resolution sometimes don't browse utilizing the entire screen...

I love your site btw, especially the image galleries [img]smile.gif[/img] if you get the fan art section running, i dunno if you intended it to be jsut your art or what, but you can use any of mine if you so desire. i drew the pic at the top of the board

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ May 29, 2002 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Nocturne ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Thanks so much for the input- I think I've figured things out- and after talking with a more html-savvy friend I think I figured out what I'm going to do with my page. ::rolls up sleeves:: I'm going to work really hard, so many of you have great looking pages (not just great looking, either ^.^)- mine just sort of...happened.

Oh, and about the fanart- yeah, I was opening the section to submissions- none of my stuff was terribly impressive - thanks for the offer- I think I'll be talking you up on it ^.^

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

The site stats for my site (also Nightcrawler) have indicated that most people visiting were using 800x600 resolution, for what that's worth. I figure we have the same basic demographic... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*looks at Rex's site* ack, the argument between Dave and Jim has spread to other sites? *sigh* i wonder if he knows about that....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good luck on your revamp.

Designing for 800X600 is generally the excepted norm. Most sites are generally designed to work with that small of a screen. But you could design the site to work with any size screen, so that it would grow w/ the browser. Which is something I am working on with my site.